Change. It happens to everyone. Is your small business ready for it?
It isn’t always desired; it doesn’t ask for permission; and it will most likely happen regardless of your wants. It can be scary; BUT can also provide a positive outcome. In order to better adapt to your ever changing environments, please consider the following brief suggestions:
1. Be on the lookout, monitor your environment, and keep your eyes open. Change will happen and you will be better apt to deal with the conversion if you are aware of your environment and can anticipate it. Noticing small changes early helps you adapt to the bigger changes that are to come.
2. Move it or lose it…regardless of your desires, change will occur with or without your consent. If you are able to adapt to change quickly, chances are you might be able to mold to your new environment rather than be mauled over by your new environment. If you do not change, you can become extinct.
3. Regardless of the change, it will require energy from you. You have options here: you can either focus your energy on your distaste of your new found situation or you can positively direct your energy into your enjoyment of your change. Take the adventure, focus on the positive, and success will be in your future. Find happiness within it; happiness is a choice you make, both professionally and personally.
4. Imagine yourself enjoying your projected environment after the change; the quicker you adapt the quicker you are able to let go of the old and embrace the new. This enables you to work beyond your fears. Ask yourself “What would I do if I weren’t afraid?” You are freer to enjoy the change when you are able to move beyond your fear.
5. Always remember to be ready to change again…see 1 above.
If you are seeking advice with change in your business operations and the software that supports it , we would love to help!